Saturday, July 14, 2012

Courtney...

Courtney and I are a little over 3 years apart.  She's the "little sister" with the "big sister" attitude.  She's the Class President and I am the Athlete.  She is the mature one and I am the ... well... more fun one!  (hahaha)  She listens and I talk .  We used to fight like it was World War 2, but in the last few years we've grown together through our loss and pain and I love her more today than I ever have.  

This post is for her because my little sister turned 28 yesterday.  


My little sister is now one of my very best friends.  She is the mother of my favorite 8 year old boy.  She works so hard to support herself and CAL, to make the right decisions as a single parent, and to help those around her.  She worships the Lord, is a great example, and is a daughter, sister, and mom all at the same time.  Regardless of where she is or what she is doing she always makes time to listen to me.  She loves me despite my flaws, and she allows me to think "it's all about me".  :)  She is my twin at heart and understands what I am thinking before I think it.  She can make me laugh histerically when I want to break down and cry.  She is kind and caring and strong.  She loves with her whole heart and is loyal to the end.  She speaks her mind and protects you no matter what.  She's MY sister and I love everything about her.  She is growing into this amazing person and I am so lucky to have her.  So happy Birthday Snorty!  I love you to the moontops and cannot wait to see what this year brings you!
  
My Sister,
 You may be the younger one
 But you’re wise beyond your years
 When I look to you, I look up
 And I admire what I see
 A sister; a friend
 So full of love, so full of strength

You often thank me for my support
 What you don’t see
 Is that if it weren’t for you
 I would not be me

I love you, my sister
 More than I could ever describe
 And I’m thankful everyday
 That you’re in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)