Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Soul Pancake...Questions of Life...

I know, I know...Soul Pancake?  Really?  Well, it's actually a website that was started by Rainn Wilson.  You know, DWIGHT from The Office. 


So let's back up and start from the beginning.  In usual fashion I have DVR'ed something on OWN.  Super Soul Sunday is a really cool show where Oprah interviews celebrities about their spirituality.  At this point in my religious journey I am always look for new thoughts or ideas that make me look at things in a different way.  Anyways, enough about me.  :)  This week Rainn Wilson was on and was talking about Soul Pancake.  Basically the point of Soul Pancake is for people from all over the world to be able to come together and ask basic but interesting questions.  Oprah asked him to bring several of the questions from the website to the interview and share them.  These are the ones he shared.

What do you miss most about being 5 years old?
I don't remember a lot about my childhood (weird, I know), but I really want my  sister to answer this because she remembers EVERYTHING!

What is the purpose for our lives?
I am praying about this.  It's actually my devotional for the month.  What is my purpose?

What do you find calm in a chaotic world?
Talking to my mom.  Home.  My bed.  My closet (Yes, I'm weird!). 

What absolutely delights you?
My family.  Random phone calls from friends.  Random cards.  Our parties.  Just because presents.  Good music.

What do you know for sure?
I know that God will always, ALWAYS be there for me...prayer is my path.  I know that I will always be able to go home to LemmAcres.  I know that my family will always love me and be there for me. 

And last but not least....
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
I would ask God why he took Granny away from us when he did. 

I thought these were so good.  These are questions you don't ever really think about, and really make you THINK.  The other part of the show he shared some really interesting insight on what he thinks about spirituality.  I took a few notes and these are the two things that really stand out to me...

“We have a potential to not be the nation of people trying to acquire stuff and fame. We could be a nation of service.” - Rainn Wilson
I LOVE this!!  A nation of service!  "For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building." 1 Corinthians 3:9

No matter our culture, belief in politics, status in society, or location in the world; we are all connected by our spirituality.  When I wrote this I remember thinking "Let your light shine".  We are connected by our light within.  All of us! 

I hope you all check out www.soulpancake.com!  I think it will be an interesting site even if it is just a one time visit.  I also hope you take a chance and answer some of these questions.  And as a side note, the journal I was writing all my notes in has quotes on each page and I thought this was a perfect way to end this post...

"Every person ever created is so special that their presence in the world makes it richer and fuller and more wonderful than it could ever have been without them."

1 comment:

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)