Saturday, September 29, 2012

My last day at Xtreme Volleyball...Part 2...

While sitting at work on my last day, I wrote this...  
"Today, as I sit here on my last day of work, I am utterly amazed by the outpouring of thanks and love from my Xtreme family.  I am truly blessed to be surrounded with an AWESOME group of people who care about me and wish me nothing but the best, and so here is my thank you letter to them.

To ... you know who you are...

Thank you!  Thank you saying thank you, for sending me text messages, for sending me flowers, for hugging me, for understanding that I had to do what was best for me, and for supporting me in my decision."
Little did I know that there were people plotting a surprise going away party...  :)

I went through the rest of the day on some highs and lows.  I got my hair cut (Thank you Stacey!), closed out the day with a review of my "how to" folder, and headed to Cal's soccer practice.  When I drove off my boss was standing at the door and before I even got out of the parking lot my face was filled with tears.  I love Xtreme Volleyball.  I have spent 7 years of my life there...growing and changing, getting married, and meeting new people.  I made some really awesome friends and made some really awesome memories.  Despite my tears I knew I was still making the right decision (the right decision), soI dried my tears and went to soccer practice to cheer on CAL.  I picked up Baehr after soccer and headed back to Xtreme for Camryn's Volleyball practice.  



Courtney had already planned for us to meet for dinner to celebrate my new chapter, so after we left volleyball we headed to Pappasito's.  When we got there it was insanity...a 30 minute wait and CAL was on the verge of a break down after about 20 minutes.  I won't lie, I was ready to throw in the towel as well and eat cereal for dinner.  We finally got to sit down and when I turned the corner there was a table for 10...what?  Courtney told me that several of the Xtreme Coaches were coming and that they were on their way.  I cried...again!  (haha)  




We had a great night, and I am so grateful that everyone took the time to put this together for me! 

Thank you Mrs. Molitor, Royce, Telia, Alison, Courtney, and Baehr for working together and planning last night!  I needed it more than words could say, and I am so thankful for all of you!  Last night was the end to a great 7 years... Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!  :)

Oh yeah, and ... yesterday was my 3 month birthday!  hahaha 

Happy Rainy Saturday from the couch on The Baehr Block!  :) 

Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)