Sunday, April 28, 2013

Before our 2nd Annual Baehr Crawfish Boil...

Before I blog about our 2nd Crawfish Boil, let me tell you about the "before"...

Somehow, our parties sneak up on us...(like the invitations we send out a month in advance don't quite remind us that we have something coming up.  HAHA!)  So the Saturday before we went into "get ready" mode and tried to get everything done before my Uncle arrived on Thursday.   Our RSVP's kept going up until Tuesday and we ended the week with 77 people RSVPing yes.  You read right.... 77 people!!!  We got about 80% done before Uncle Mike arrived, so we planned to do some odds and ends after dinner Thursday and Saturday morning.

Thursday came and Uncle Mike arrive in Spring around 4:30 pm.  I literally drove up the street from work and he was getting out of the car.  :)  Mom bought Rudy's BBQ for dinner and brought it over to the house, and the weekend began!


We had a grand time catching up!  On Friday, Baehr and I headed off to work, and Mom and Uncle Mike held down the fort.  To be totally honest, without Mom and Uncle Mike we would have never been ready!  They spent Friday cooking, shopping, mowing... you name it, they did it. We knew we weren't going to have time to do anything Friday night so this was such a blessing!!!!!!


Friday was going to be a big day.  My cousin Lindsey and her boys, my Aunt Lauri, and my Uncle Bill were coming in town from Shreveport and then we were all (13 of us) heading to the Astros game.  Uncle Mike had sent an e-mail asking if this would be something we could do if we had time... I think he thought it would be a boy thing... I said OF COURSE and proceeded to get 13 tickets!  haha!  We had so much fun!  Great family time and the Astros ACTUALLY WON!  Thank you Astros!





Courtney, Donnie, Uncle Mike, and Dad left around 6:00 pm so that Uncle Mike could see the whole game.  Then when the fam from Louisiana came in around 7:30 pm, the rest of us headed out.

Group minus Dad and Cal... (B is at the bottom)

They had the roof open so we were a little chilly, but overall we had so much fun.  Plus they had AWESOME fireworks!  Definitely something I would do again with my family!


This was all "before" 77 (turned out to be 66) people showed up at our house on Saturday.  Family filled and probably my favorite part of the weekend. Busy but good and I cherished every moment of it!
Blogging from thekitchen table,
Happy Sunday Night!  :)
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)