Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Trip to Nacogdoches...

When I was growing up, Shreveport was the place to be.  We spend every holiday there, and several weeks there in the summer.  It was where my mom's mom, sister, and brother lived.  I loved it.  When Granny got sick, we would make the 4 our trip there almost every weekend and instead of Shreveport being a place to visit, it felt more like home.  We spent countless hours hanging out with our cousins, Lindsey and Michael.  Every meal was spent with the family and it made our bond that much closer. 


Since that time, Granny and my Uncle Chris have passed away and our visits are few and far between, but when we do get together it's like coming home!  I love it.  I love our laughs and our stories, our hugs and our tears, I just love us. 

One of our previous trips to Nacogdoches
On Wednesday or Thursday, Lindsey and I received an e-mail from my mom's cousin, Phyllis.  She was letting us know that Grump (my mom's dad) had an episode and wanted to make sure we were all informed.  During those conversations with Phyllis, Lindsey and I started our own conversation..."We need to meet for lunch sometime since we missed the May Birthday visit."  (Mom's Birthday, Aunt Lauri's Birthday, and Uncle Mike's Birthday are days apart in May.)  Lindsey sent me a few dates and one of them was this past Sunday.  I sent e-mails and texts to my family to make sure all was good, and then we decided for Sunday at noon in Nacogdoches.  Jalepeno Tree was the Restaurant of choice. 

At Jalapeno Tree (Dad is taking the picture)
It's really fun to look at our group pictures over the years.  In the 2nd picture I posted, Lindsey is pregnant with Bennett, and now look how big CAL and Bennett are!  Goodness!We had a great time, and we definitely need to do this more often.  Here are a few more pics before I go...

Sisters...
Dad and Henry...
CAL and Lindsey...
Hopefully we will make it to Henry's 1st Birthday in August!  :)  Hope you all have a awesome week, and take time to get together with your families! 

Love from the Baehr Block!
Carrie

1 comment:

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)