Thursday, July 26, 2012

Follow up to Day 13...TRUST!

Several of you read Day 13....And several of you left sweet comments, texts, or called to insure me that it would all get better or that it was going to be ok.  I started thinking last night after one of my best friends called that I should do a follow up to that post.  

The back story to my letter...

Remember my 30 day devotional?  Well, this whole situation started on Day 1 of my devotional.  Shortly after writing my Day 1 follow up, the devil must have sensed I was trying to start down the right path!  He proceeded to send me a mountain and used a person from my inner circle to be that mountain.  And if you know me that circle is pretty small.  That would definitely knock me off the path...right?

On Day 3, I wrote:

"Boy, did I need this today!  


Like always I read this devotional several times throughout the day, but its meaning came to me on the way home.  My eyes were immediately opened to being "honest ... about my doubts, questions or the things I don't understand", and my prayers are / were revamped.  I didn't have a Dear God, Thank you, Amen prayer today, but an actual conversation.  LIFE CHANGING!


I am so excited to see the changes in my life in just 3 days!  I wonder where I will be on day 31?! :)"
 
I had a conversation with God about this situation.  "Lord, what do I do?  Is this person supposed to be in my life?  I know I may not like the answer, but I am ready."  I never thought (doubting...ugh) I would get the answer two days later.  Day 5 devotional:

"Day 5: I am full of faith for what God can do today. I accept His goodness in my life. God's favor and blessings are exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond all I could ask or imagine. He is faithful to meet my needs, and to help me meet the needs of others. I release my faith and receive a new wave of His goodness."

The things that happened on Day 5 could have only been God sent.  Just the way things started at 7:30 am that day...you couldn't have prepared for or foreseen.  I knew immediately that he was answering my prayer from Wednesday, and it was my job to accept the answer.  I won't lie....Day 6, Day 7, and Day 8 were the hardest days during that time, but reading my devotionals... the Lord was there working.  I used to tell my sister that I was like a little kid when praying at night...."I know God.  I asked and you answered.  But I don't wanna!" (haha)  But all I could do/can do is trust in him!

On Day 9....

"Day 9: I am blessed with the unlimited, immeasurable surpassing greatness of God's favor. He is my provider, and His supply never runs dry. When it doesn't look like there's a way, God can make a way. His blessings are like dynamite, exploding at just the right time, propelling me to a whole new level."


God's way isn't the easy way, but you must trust in him because he has greater things for you. You may have to go through the valley to get there, but the other side is better than the life you had before.  


On the way to lunch today, I heard this song...You Lead by Jamie Grace.  It's perfect for this post, and everything I learned from this situation.  

So to everyone who expressed concern for me... Thank you!  But the Lord is leading me and I am following and because of that...I am more than ok!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)