Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 11 Follow Up...

So my Day 11 follow up post has sat empty for about 16 hours now...

"Being loving and merciful toward others" kept working through my head.  I looked up merciful or mercy and the definition was "being compassionate to your enemies".  While I was fretting about this, I thought, "Maybe I should look up the meaning of compassion" before I stress out about being friends with my enemies.  Good thing I did because it made my worries disappear.  For those who don't know, compassion means:

sympathetic
consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it   

God doesn't want us to be best friends with our enemies, but he does want us to have compassion on them.  He doesn't expect you to keep negative people in your life, but he does expect you to not kick them when they are down.  I can do this... 


While yes, there are people I don't like being around, I don't wish them harm, nor do I pray for bad things to happen to them.  Sometimes, I even say "Hi!" to them.  In fact, I did it this morning.  :)  All I know is that I have to stay on the positive road, the good road, the happy road, and keeping the negative out allows me to have mercy.

This is what the LORD Almighty said: ‘Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another.' Zechariah 7:8-10 ...
. I can do this!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)