Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 10 Follow Up...

Losing my grandmother in 2002 was one of the hardest things I have ever had to experience.  She was such a huge part of my life, and her death still has a daily impact on me.  Needless to say, that was definitely a time when I was lacking faith.  My walk with God was an angry one, a sad one, and a lonely one.  I didn't understand why He would take her away from me.  I mean, what did I ever do?  I could have listed a few other people he could have taken instead of her, and honestly if He would have asked me who to take I would have given him the list without being asked twice (haha).  But through the storm came a relationship with God.  He took me "further than I ever thought possible."  I am thankful now for what he taught me through those years, and is still teaching me as I struggle with her loss.  I wish that this song had been around back then because I really could have used it:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)