Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another THANKFUL weekend...

Our weekends have been full of beautiful weather and relaxation.  It's been a blessing in the middle of craziness!  

On Saturday, Baehr went golfing with a friend so I got to spend the day with my sister and nephew.  :)  We met up around 10:45 am and starting shopping.  For those of you who know Courtney, you KNOW that she HATES to shop so I was prepared for a very interesting day since this was her idea.  It turned out to be a fantastical day!  We both found several cute things, and then headed to Chip N Cheese (as CAL calls it) for Lunch.  
Cal and I taking a picture for Mimi. 
We went to a few more stores after lunch, but CAL was getting a little antsy after all that shopping so we decided that was enough for the day.  We headed home, and I got home just in time to lay out a little before Baehr made it home.  I decided this was the perfect weekend to start reading The Hunger Games.

 
For those of you who don't know about The Hunger Games, it is a trilogy by Suzanne Collins about a "16 year old girl living in a post-apocalyptic world".  Over Spring Break, one of the ladies on my Facebook posted that she was looking for a good book to read and several people posted "The Hunger Games".  After doing some research, I decided they looked pretty good so I bought all 3 on Amazon. 


I started the first book on Saturday and couldn't put it down.  It's so good!  I finished it up last night and can't wait to start on book number 2!  I love when you can find a good book!  If anyone wants to borrow it, just let me know.  :)

On Sunday, we decided to have a relaxing day full of nothing.  I love days like this.  It was a gorgeous day, and we were both craving some crawfish so we headed over to Blue Water for lunch on the patio.  For those of you in Houston / Spring who don't know about Blue Water, you MUST go.  It is delicious, and if you like crawfish it's worth every penny!  Here is one of the HUGE crawdaddys we had....


It was another great weekend for the Baehr Block.  It's weekends like these that make me even more thankful for Baehr, our families, and our friends.  We have been so blessed in our 6 years together and I am grateful for all that we have.  These are the weekends that I remind myself what life is all about - family time, hugs, laughs, and making memories.  Life is good over here.  I pray that yours is the same!  :)




  Colossians 2:6 & 7  So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)