Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What would have been our Christmas Card....

I had grand ideas for our Christmas cards this year!  We were going to have our pictures taken, I was going to write a letter recapping our 2011, and then I would attach a 2012 calendar with all the dates of our family dinners.  All of this before Christmas or at least before December 31st.  Well....that didn't happen.  :(

We planned to have our pictures taken in early December, but because of schedules we had to move it to the week before Christmas. It only took a week for us to get our photos back (WHICH IS AMAZING!), but then I still needed to to order cards, order stamps, find the motivation to address the things, and so my Christmas Cards turned into New Year's Cards!  (haha)  While I think they turned out ok, I didn't get to attach the letter or the calendar.  So, without further adieu, here is my recap on 2011. 


Baehr and I had a wonderful 2011. We both started off the year busy with work. Where I work opened another volleyball club in Huntsville, and I had to go there one or two nights a week from January to May. Baehr had a few opportunities to go off shore early in the year and spent several weeks out in the Gulf of Mexico. All in all it was a busy first few months, but we are both so blessed to have good jobs.

After a few months of craziness, we took a weekend off and spent Memorial Day Weekend in Dallas for our friends, Mike and Gloria’s wedding! Mike was in our wedding and that was the first time we met Gloria, so it was fun to be at their wedding a year and a half later. How time flies! While in Dallas we ventured to the Dallas Zoo and fed the giraffes! If you ever get a chance… it’s definitely worth the stop. 


June was a big month for me because I turned 30! For the past few years Courtney and I have planned our birthdays together since mine is the end of June and hers is the beginning of July. It always works out that we can celebrate on the 4th of July so this year we planned a trip to Arkansas. Growing up we have always had family vacations to Arkansas and we just love spending as much time there as possible. So in July we packed up and headed to Greers Ferry Lake for a week! It was a great trip, and it definitely took the sting out of being 30!  
At our rental cabin in Arkansas
In August, we moved in to our first home! We actually signed the papers to start building in April, but we wanted to make sure everything went thru before we told anyone. On August 25th we closed, and got our key! It was one of our best months of the year by far! 
With all the distractions of the house Baehr had no idea that I was planning a surprise 30th birthday party for him in September. He is so good at being able to read me so I was worried he knew something was going on. His surprise birthday party turned into a 3 days event. His aunt and uncle flew in from Buffalo to surprise him on Day 1, his surprise birthday party was on day 2, and his birthday present (a redone picture of the truck he built with his dad) was on day 3. It was a GREAT weekend, although I don’t think he will trust me around birthdays for a while! Haha

At the end of September, we went to New Orleans for the Texans vs Saints game. Baehr bought us season tickets to the Texans this year so this was the obvious choice for his 30th birthday present.  We invited his parents to come along with us, and we had a grand ole time. We got to New Orleans around 1 pm, ate some good street food, and then headed back to our hotel to get cleaned up. Jason’s parents had made reservations for us at one of Emeril’s restaurants so we headed there for dinner. Little did we know that Jason’s dad’s client had set us up at a table IN the kitchen! What an awesome experience! This client also gave us his season tickets for that game, and WOW what a great view!  It turned out to be one of the best trips, and definitely something we will remember for years to come! 

The Baehr's times 2 at Emeril's

October, November , and December flew by with the very first Halloween in our new neighborhood, Thanksgiving in different states, celebrating our 2 year anniversary, and Christmas / New Year’s packed full of family and friends.

We are so thankful for everything God has brought us in 2011 and are so excited for what He will bring in 2012. We are blessed beyond measure.

Hope you enjoyed my recap!  Maybe this year I will get it together and send it out with my CHRISTMAS card!  haha

1 comment:

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)