Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2012!  I hope everyone had a wonderful day off!  I know we were all looking forward to it after being spoiled by the Christmas and New Year holidays.  :)


In honor of Martin Luther King Junior Day I thought I would post one of his quotes.  I was searching the web for the best one when one of my friends on Facebook posted a good one so here it is:  


"We begin to die when become silent about the things that matter."  - MLKJ


This quote really started to make me think about my list of things to accomplish in 2012.  My list includes 20 things ranging from finding a church home to working out more to blogging (success there).  It has some good things, but nothing that would cause me to go out of my comfort zone.   So, my 2012 Martin Luther King Junior Resolution is to make a difference in something outside of my comfort zone.  Maybe get involved in the Republican Caucuses, Habitat for Humanity, a mission trip, or .... well something.  What it will be is still up in the air, but I will update you as soon as I find it.  Until then...enjoy the rest of your MLKJ Day and I'll blog again soon!
  

3 comments:

  1. Love the Header on top of the blog. This is so fancy already! You ARE GOOD at this my cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post some pics!!!!! You can get the Blogger app on your phone and post right from your phone. and it's FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you talking about the follow by e-mail? Or is there something different?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)