Saturday, January 21, 2012

A celebration of sorts....

There are very few things that I love more than my family: immediate and extended.  I get this from my mother, and her from her mother.  I was raised in a house where family was the most important thing and there were no strangers.  If you wanted to be a part of the family you could, and you are accepted with open arms without question.  


When we built our house last year, I longed for it to be a home.  A home like the one I was raised in.  Not just a place where we would come to sleep, but a place where people could gather and feel at home.  Tonight, I found that.

My dad has one sister, 4 brothers, and his parents are still living so I have a very large extended family on his side.  Between people living out of town, schedules, and all of life's curve balls it has been very difficult to get us all in the same city at the same time.  Well, by accident (or by someone upstairs), 24 of the 34 of us were able to get together this weekend!  YAY!  I didn't get very many pictures because I was busy laughing and having fun, but here in one I did get.


Aunt Cara, Jason, Katelyn, Kellie, Courtney, Megan, and my mommy.  Baehr in the background talking boy talk with Uncle DG and Ryan.  
There were kids everywhere, laughter in every room, and cupcakes being consumed.  To me...it was the perfect night!  I was even talking to my cousin at one point about how we used to the be the kids running through the house.  How things have changed, but one thing hasn't - we are still so so blessed!  Even after not being with each other for months we can pick up like we saw each other last week....at 16 or 26 things are still the same.  So thank you to my Lemm family, who made tonight perfect and turned my house into a home.  I cannot wait to have many more nights like this!  


"A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)