Sunday, January 15, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog...


That is the question I have asked myself for the past year.  I love reading my cousin's blog (louisianalivin.blogspot.com), and have often wondered if I should start my own.  She even told me once, "Cousin, you need to start your own blog!"  My response, "I don't have anything exciting to say!"  haha!  And while, this is probably still true, I thought I would give it a shot. 

Part of the issue with starting a blog is that you have to come up with some creative title or name for the documentation of your life.  Or at least the part of your life you want to share with others....you know, the good parts.  :)  So, while trying not to be too corny and still be somewhat cute (don't judge) I came up with "The Baehr Life".  I know my family and friends understand this title, but in case a lone ranger comes along and decides to read my (sure to be) random blog, I will explain. 

In the last 6 years I have posted "The Good Life" several times on my facebook status BECAUSE in 2005, a friend of mine told me I would be meeting a guy named Bear. Initially I thought, "Wow!  This guy must be some big hairy grizzly man!", but it turns out it was just his last name (B-A-E-H-R) AND he was the love of my life.  4 years later we were married and almost 6 years later we are happier than ever.  This my friends (and strangers) is how I came up with "The Baehr Life". 

With that, I think I will end my first blog posting with the only good line from Nicki Minaj's song Moment 4 Life....

"I'm not lucky, I'm blessed, YES."

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaay! Love it! Blogging cousins! Thanks for the shout out! And I can show you how to insert it as a hyperlink where the words are highlighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks cousin! :) I still need to learn all the little tricks! Maybe I need to make a trip to Shreve! :) EEEEKKKKK! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! And my favorite holiday is Halloween but it wasn't a choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I follow??? It's a gadget you have to add on the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)