Monday, June 25, 2012

Florida for Work...

After our little beach weekend I had to come home, unpack, do laundry, and repack so that I could fly out Monday for Florida.  Every year several of our teams go to AAU Nationals in Orlando, Florida and this year we have 11 teams attending so I had to go to check in and coordinate everything.  

Xtreme rents houses for the coaches and I was paired up with (not by coincidence since I assign housing ... haha) Alison, Telia, Mona, Lindsey, Candy, and her niece Kelsey.  We decided that our house should be a reality TV show called Real World Xtreme in Orlando.  And I have to say we had some very entertaining moments.  :) 


Telia, Mona, me, and Alison
Alison, Lindsey, Mona, Me, and Telia
Our house was 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, with a pool.  The pool was very rarely used because of all the rain, and when it was used it was only our feet in it.  We probably didn't use it for more than 2 hours the whole week. 






On Tuesday, I had check in for the first 9 teams and opening ceremonies at Wide World of Sports.  It was quite overwhelming for me because it was my first time to be there.  Being the person who is supposed to be organizing everything and keeping everyone on track, I just had to walk away.  It was insanity!




There were at least 750 teams (X10 for players)....YIKES!
The tournament started on Wednesday and everyone was off and running.  We tried to meet up for at least one meal a day, but we always ended the night in the living room together.  Nights were the best because we had so much fun recapping the days events, and just relaxing.  I only went to bed before 2 am one night we were there, and was worn out by the time Friday night came around. 


For those of you who keep track of the weather like I do, you know that a tropical disturbance formed in the Gulf on Tuesday night.  They had no idea where it was going to go and we were worried it was going to come straight for us.  On Thursday we started talking about possibly driving home because of the weather...




So on Friday night we were already looking for rental cars and talking about who would go with us. We made the decision Saturday morning to do it, and we rented a van to make the 15 hour treck home. 




I will say that we did have some fun moments, but by the end of the trip we were all just ready to be in our own beds.  At 4 am, we had all been up for 24 hours and were worn out but we were HOME!  :)


It was nice to get to know some of the coaches on a more personal level and I will say that the nights made the trip worth it!  We'll see if I attend next year!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)