Sunday, April 29, 2012

The People of...Our "Little" Crawfish Boil...

I wanted to write a separate post on "The People of... Our Crawfish Boil".  We are so blessed with wonderful family and friends, and I think they deserve their own recognition.  :)  So here we go...in no particular order...

Trace and Missy (Baehr's sister)
This is Missy, Baehr's sister, and her sweet baby Trace.  Missy made sausage and cream cheese croissants that EVERYONE loved!  She even had to give out her recipe to several people.  :) 

Mr. H and his Dad
Mr. H is CAL's principal at school and our friendly neighbor.  We love the H family!  Mr. H's dad was in town and we were happy to have him here!  He stopped smiling right when I said 3...he must be related to the Lemm's!  haha


Courtney, Mrs. H, and Megan H.

You know my sister, Courtney, but did you know that she is a baker extraordinaire?  She made almost all of the desserts we had, and this party would have been nothing without her!  Love you sister!

Mrs. H was CAL's Kindergarten teacher and Megan is her oldest child.  Such a sweet family!  You will not meet nicer people!  Mrs. H and Megan brought the delicious Cake Pops.  Next time, I will hide them in the pantry for just myself!  hahaha SO GOOD!

The Freese Family
Ruby (not pictured here) is one of CAL's favorite people at school.  Mr. Freese works at the school and the Freese's are also some of our AWESOME neighbors!  :)  They brought yummy veggies, and poor Mrs. Freese couldn't even get the foil off before I dove right in!  hahaha

Baehr's niece, Camryn
Camryn LOVES taking pictures and posing for you!  haha  This is the complete opposite of her little sister Chloe.  She is the oldest grandchild on the Baehr side and is such a sweetie!

CAL and Ruby
You know sassy CAL.  :)  And this is his friend Ruby Freese.  This is what they did when I said "Act like you like each other!" hahaha

Omon, Baehr, and Kearn
These are some of Baehr's work friends, Omon and Kearn.  They were talking about the "work out room" and boy stuff!  :) 

Mrs. Baehr and Stacey
Mrs. Baehr brought the watermelon that was so good it was gone in like 15 minutes!  I think I only got one piece!  haha  Stacey (Baehr's sister) brought a delicious dessert.  My mom likes to tell people that Stacey went to culinary school.  :) Everything she makes is SOOOO GOOD!!

Chloe
This is the best picture I could get of Chloe.  She hates pictures and will smile and laugh until you say...take a picture Chloe...then she runs away!  haha  In this picture she was telling me how she needed a Princess Band aid and that the one I gave her "hurts".  haha  :)

My mom and Baehr
If I had to list my top 10 people in the world...I don't know that I have 10 (hahaha), but if I had to these two would be tied for first.  My mom made some and bought some potato salad.  Basically Baehr told her she could buy some potato salad but she HAD to make him some of hers!  hahaha  She also brought coleslaw.  Even if my mom didn't bring anything, just her being there is enough for me.  My favorite part of the day was standing outside talking to my mom and sister until 9 pm. 

And well, you know Baehr!  He was the Host with the Most!  He made this whole thing come together, and made some delicious crawfish.  I love this boy with my whole heart, and there is no question that God put him in my life.  I could go on and on, but I am afraid you might get sick...hahaha!  Just know....He's pretty much the best EVER!

Kenton and Amy
This is Kenton and my cousin Amy.  They are going to Prom together in a few weeks and I think they have decided they like each other a little bit!  hahaha  This is Kenton's attempt at a smile...or so he says!  :)

Angie, Amy, and Aunt Teri
Angie is a friend of my family from work.  She is always smiling and laughing and making us laugh! 

Aunt Teri and Amy bought me the most awesome "Just Because" present!  First of all, "just because" presents are the best presents and secondly, this kind of "just because present" is the BEST!  I will have to post a picture later, but if you know me you know this present was perfect.....SHOES!  :)  I love them and cannot wait to find something to wear with them!   All three of these lovely people provided drinks for us.  Thank you Ang, Amy, and Aunt Teri!

Kayla and Aisha
This is one of my very best friends Kayla (she would be in my top 10 fav people) and her daughter Aisha.  Aisha isn't sure of Aunt Carrie just yet, but I am planning to come armed with chocolate and sweet tea next time I see her so we can be best friends like her older brother, Hamza, and I are.  :)  Kayla brought cupcakes from TREAT.  They were delicious, and I still have two I get to munch on this week.  :)

Krist and Kearn
Kearn works with Baehr, and this is his girlfriend Kristi.  These two are so nice, and invited us to cruise with them earlier this month.  We are definitely going to take them up on this offer someday soon!  :)

Mr. and Mrs. Stivers
Mr. and Mrs. Stivers!  I love these two.  Mrs. Stivers taught PE with my mom for YEARS, and she was my elementary PE teacher along with my mom.  The Stivers are just those "good people" in your life.  I was so happy they got to come!  :)  They brought sauteed veggies that were a HIT!

Here is a "Small World" story:  My mom and Mrs. Stivers taught Jake (Baehr's sister's husband) in elementary school!  :)

Omar and Baehr
Omar!  We love Omar.  He is married to Kayla and we just love their family!  We wish we got to hang out with them way more than we do, but we are hoping to make it to the beach with them this summer! 

The Joachim's
Isabel
The Joachim's are friends from school.  Mrs. Joachim actually taught my Health class my Sr. year in high school, and Mr. Joachim coached the golf team.  Isabel is their granddaughter.  Baehr just thought Mr. Joachim was one of the coolest guys!  He just fit right in with Baehr and his group of friends. 

Andy and Amanda
Andy has been one of Baehr's long time friends.  They went to college together and then both moved back to Houston together.  Amanda is Andy's wife.  I love getting to chat with her when we all get together.  She stays busy with school, and is working on her Master's Degree. 

Brian and Anabell
Brian is another long time friend of Baehr.  This is his girlfriend Anabell.  I don't see these two very often.  They both work a lot, and usually the boys do stuff together. 

The H boys
The H's have 3 kids.  These are their boys, and apparently they sabotage pictures all the time!  haha  Mrs. H has promised me a photo shoot for our May party!  :)

Gerardo and Family
Gerardo is a friend of Baehr's from work.  He let us borrow their tent and we are so thankful for that!  This is the first time for me to meet his wife and kids.  His little girl was the cutest thing and NEVER took her sunglasses off.  Their little boy was busy trying to keep up with the big kids.  haha  :)

Peter and wife
Peter is a friend of Mr. Baehr's.  They were so sweet! 

Baehr, Andy, and Mr. Baehr
I know I have a good picture of Mr. Baehr somewhere, but I can't find it right now.  Mr. Baehr was another essential key to our party.  He brought ice, and got there early to help set up and help Baehr with food.  He cooked all the hot dogs and hamburgers, and was just overall Mr. Baehr!  He is always so helpful and kind and goes above and beyond for his family...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree right?  Thank you Mr. Baehr! 

Me and Mrs. Cynde
And last, but not least, Mrs. Cynde.  We love Mrs. Cynde and she has been a part of our lives for many, many years.  She just fits right in, and could literally be part of our family!  :)  She always helps to clean up and I am forever grateful for her dish washing skills!  (I HATE DISHES! haha)

These are the people that bless our lives.  I was reminded once again how blessed we are by our family and friends, and by their love and kindness.  I cannot say how thankful we are to everyone who came yesterday, and helped us make our first crawfish boil WONDERFUL! 

We love you all!

Love,
Baehr and Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)