Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I remember the moment...

I am known for not listening.  Yes, Baehr and Courtney pick your jaw up off the floor, I am admitting that I don't listen!  :)  On my way to work this morning I heard this song by Britt Nicole and thought "I have heard this song a million times, but never REALLY heard the words!"  You know when you REALLY hear something?  All it takes is a moment to just sit and listen, to ignore the million thoughts going through your head, and the phone ringing, but you can do it.  Anyways, I had one of those moments this morning, and it fit perfectly with my devotional last night ... which I will post next... :)

When I lost my grandmother I had this overwhelming sense of loss.  Something that you cannot even begin to describe.  It lead to years of depression or being just plain disappointed, but I knew, the moment He took her from me that He was there.  It's hard to see it in the darkness, but He's there, and this song says it all for me.  


I remember the moment
I remember the pain
I was only a girl
But I grew up that day
Tears were falling
I know You saw me

...
 
All this time
From the first tear cry
To today's sunrise
And every single moment between
You were there
You were always there
It was You and I
You've been walking with me all this time


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)