Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Next Chapter...

I was just scanning channels last Sunday and came across Oprah interviewing Joel Osteen on her new show "Next Chapter".  For those of you who haven't seen or heard about Next Chapter, it is basically a show where Oprah interviews different people.  When I was watching the Joel Osteen episode, I decided I needed to record the next episode with T.D. Jakes, and in the process of recording that episode, I decided I should just record them all.  (haha) 

T.D. Jakes is a pastor at The Potter's House in Dallas, and during this episode of Next Chapter, Oprah sits in on one of his Sunday Sermons called "Save the Scraps".  They only played bits and pieces, but let me tell you they were absolutely moving.  So I searched the web for transcripts, but was only able to come up with a video of the whole service.  So far I have only watched the first 45 minutes (it's an hour and 30 minutes long), but I think putting everything in one posting would be too long and I think, at this point, you need to watch it for yourself because then you can take away what you need....not what I think I need.  :)  So here it is....You won't regret watching it...I promise! 


Oprah opens the show with "Sometimes in life, you get exactly what you need at the moment you most need it."  It's so true, and I feel like my last few devotionals and this show are really God telling me some stuff that I need right now.  So, in sharing this video, I hope that you find something that you need in this moment and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)