Thursday, May 24, 2012

Birthday Eves are better...

If you know me you know I like to celebrate birthdays in grand proportions.  That doesn't necessarily mean $$$.  For example, any birthday ending in "0" or "5" should be celebrated with a "Birthday Month".  Any other birthday is celebrated with a "Birthday Week" unless I am feeling especially festive.  Then it could last 2 weeks.  (haha) 

My mom is really lucky because she has mother's day and her birthday in the same month.  Last night we started mom's birthday week with a Birthday EVE celebration at Cheesecake Factory.  

Happy Birthday Mom!

We actually had a crazy afternoon before birthday celebration.  My cousin, Amy, called around 3:30 pm to say that their power was off, she had just come back from Galveston, and needed a shower..."Could we come over until it comes back on?"  I said OF COURSE!  Come on over!  :)  So Aunt Teri, Uncle Eddie, and Amy came over around 4:30 pm, Courtney then called to say that she was a little stinkier than she thought (haha) and so she needed a shower too.

Side Note:  My family and 2 of my Uncle's families live on family property.  If there is no power, there is no water!  :( 


So we had a full house.  We headed to the Cheesecake Factory for a grand meal and a good time!  Here are a few random moments...


My sweet CAL who is not a "baby" anymore.... :(
I stole all these pictures from Courtney, and I did it because now that she is a blogger she is trying to hoard pictures.  Her new name is BLOGGER HOGGER!  :)
Baehr hates being in pictures so he might just turn into the photog!  :) 
Last night reminded me how much I love my family.  There is nothing better than being with them, laughing, hugs, telling stories, making faces, eating good food, and just being US...together.  I am so blessed.  We are so blessed.

So happy birthday week mommy!  I love you to the sun and the moon and the stars.  You are my happiness and my tears and all that's in between!  
 
Ephesians 1:3 
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)