Sunday, May 6, 2012

ALL about Shelby, Presley...and Presley's Dad....

Shelby is a sophomore at the school where I coach and she was diagnosed with ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia) almost 2 weeks ago.  I cannot even begin to imagine what this family is going through or will go through over the next couple of years.  I know this is a several year battle because a few years ago one of our Xtreme Volleyball athletes received the same diagnosis at 12 years of age.  Presley.  Presley is 14 now and received her last treatment in February.  The road was long and hard, but she received her last treatment in February and is doing really well.  Praise the Lord!

I posted Sheby's CaringBridge page on my facebook a few days ago with a note to keep her in our prayers, and Presley's dad immediately messaged me.  The note was short but sweet... "How can I help?  We've been there." with his number attached.  I sent a note back saying I would pass along the message, and that was that until my mom just sent me a text today. 

"Did you see Mr. B's post on Shelby's guest book?  How sweet!"  So I had to go read it. 

First let me say that Presley's dad would hate that I am writing this.  He will also probably post a sarcastic but funny comment on my post or facebook wall.  (haha)  I am prepared, but here I go anyways...

I don't know if you have ever been in a situation where you were just overcome with emotion by the actions of a person you barely know.  And this person wasn't even helping you, but was helping someone they DON'T know ... without hesitation. 

There are things in life that really make you wake up and see what life is all about.  There are people in life that show you how you are supposed to live.  I truly believe that God puts these things and people in your life for a reason even if it isn't directly affecting you, and I am glad that one of those people just showed up in my life. 

So thank you Mr. Boydstun for being that person...  You have taught me a lesson that will not soon be forgotten.   

Galatians 6:2
Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)