Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Departure from Xtreme Volleyball...Part 1

I know that the rumor mill in club volleyball can be nasty, so I thought I would write this note so that you could all see MY truth.  :)  Or the truth that I am willing to share with you.

After tons and tons and TONS of prayer, I have decided to leave Xtreme Volleyball.  For years (7 to be exact), I have been on the side of the fence where parents and athletes came and went.  Some of them were harder to take than others, but in the end I always said "You have to do what you feel is best for you and your athlete." Such is club volleyball.  People come and go...and come back again.


For the last few months I have struggled to decide what is best for me....if Xtreme was the right place for me.  I have thrown around ideas (if you know me they ranged from staying home to getting a "real" job), but always came back to, "Xtreme is where I am supposed to be."  It wasn't until recently that I realized I was just doing what was easy.  I was unhappy but unwilling to make changes because I felt an immense responsibility to BE XTREME and I also hate change!  (Who doesn't?)


I love my job (the work part), I love the hours, I love most of the people, and I LOVE VOLLEYBALL, but there were some aspects that I was not a fan of.  If you have known me for any period of time, you know what and who those are.  If you don't, I won't share them here because they are personal and not for the public to share or judge or gossip about.  At the end of the day, I still believe that Xtreme is one of the best training clubs in the Houston area and I refuse to change that perception because of my personal reasons to leave. 


Anyways, on one of my rather excruciating days I reached out to a few people.  Initially there were no openings, and so I decided to just pray about it and wait for God to lead me.  When my first interview came up I even said, "If this is not something that you have open, don't force it.  It will happen when the time is right."   And so I waited and prayed and prayed some more.  God answered...in a HUGE way. 


Remember how I said I LOVED my job, the hours, and volleyball?  Well, I get to do all of those still!  YAHOOOO!!!!


I am excited to be a part of a new group of people who love volleyball and love the Lord.  I am excited for the opportunities they (and God) have given me, and I am SUPER excited that this was prayer driven and God led


I have been blessed with 7 years of memories and relationships from Xtreme, but now it's time for that chapter to end, and a new one to begin. 


"God puts things in us we don't know we have, and sometimes God has to push us into our destiny, and sometimes it's through adversity....What I thought would be my darkest hour, launched me into my brightest hour."

-Joel Osteen

And so off I go...into the wild blue yonder!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)