Thursday, March 28, 2013

Social Media...

Several times over the last few weeks I have written posts for the blog and then deleted them.  I write these memories or moments and then I decide...I want that to be mine.  People comment (in person) all the time... Cal is so funny or I love seeing your family pictures... It leaves you speechless because then, what do you REALLY have to talk about?  And let's be honest, it's a little awkward to know that someone looks in your Facebook window more often than you think.  :)

In a world of "social media" I find that I do less socializing and more reading what people decide to post in media.  I know what someone ate for dinner, when someone went on a date, a cute saying someone found, when vacations are, when people got flowers for no reason, and I have watched children grow from birth to 3, 4, and 5 years of age on Facebook, but I don't really "know" the majority of the 254 "friends".

Anyways, a few weeks ago I saw that someone posted something about "only "liking" people's statuses.  It's so true.  I have gotten in the terrible habit of just liking someone's status and moving on to the next person.  I have decided in April if I like a status, picture, or post I am also going to comment on it.  Even if it's just one word.  Comments and likes are like snail mail to e-mail... snail mail feels more special.  :) 

So beware!  I am going to be the comment queen coming soon, and I want to challenge you to be comment kings and queens as well.  Make a point to reach out and right a short note... It will only take 10 seconds longer than a like and will probably make your "friend" smile.  :)

As kid president would say.... "Be More Awesome!"

Happy early Easter!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment ... I would love to hear from you! :)